[mythtv-users] OT: Preparing mythtv recordings for Darwin Streaming Server

Mark Johannessen mfjlaw at gmail.com
Fri May 19 16:29:26 UTC 2006

I would like to set up a separate "movie" directory on my BE to hold .mp4
files that can be streamed via the Darwin Streaming Server, and have Mythtv
do the transcoding and placement into the movie directory.  I've tried
transcoding the Mythtv .mpg recorded files using ffmpeg (eg $ ffmpeg -i
myfile.mpg -vcodec mpeg4 myfile.mp4) but the resulting file format is not
recognized when using a remote QuickTime Player rtsp URL.  Has anyone set up
a Mythtv job to do this?

Mark