[mythtv-users] r5b7 memory leaks - solved

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Fri May 19 15:17:52 UTC 2006

Hi all,

In thread (
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9339&highlight=memory
<http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9339&highlight=memory> ) I
was considering a possible memory leaks in r5b7.

Finally I found source of my problems: it is color OSD hack (see
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC#Greyscale_OSD_.28Unichrome.29)

Disabling "UseChromaKeyOSD" gives me stable memory usage. So problem
looks to be resolved.

But as a side effect I discover following issue:
-Almost every rewind or forward for configured number of seconds
(left/right arrow keys without the stickykeys option selected) cause
very short (tehths of sec) "blink" on whole screen. In r5a22 all was
smooth, but in r5b7 problem is quite annoying Sad

Summarizing symptoms:
-Effect is constantly present with OSD path disabled (generic r5b7 install)
-Is very rare with OSD path enabled
-Disabling XvMC cause that all is OK (no memory leaks, no blinks and
color, shaded OSD). Only problem is CPU usage (goes form 35% to 80%-90%

So it looks like problem lays within XvMC.

Q: Is this problem manifesting as well in other r5b7 installations, or
is it only mine system issue ?

Maybe somebody already played with new versions of XvMC openchrome
library and r5b7 ?
If so - pls send me via PM libviaxvmc.so library.

I tried to install new libviaxvmc.so library from
(
http://www.csd.uwo.ca/~mfgalizi/debian/dists/hoary/unichrome/binary-i386/
<http://www.csd.uwo.ca/%7Emfgalizi/debian/dists/hoary/unichrome/binary-i386/>
) but .pkg seems to be broken Sad

BTW: If I want to build myself libviaxvmc.so library, r5b7 Xfree sources
are needed. Unfortunately XC tree isn't included in r5b7 Knoppmyth
install image - so were I can find them ?

BTW2: Can somebody with r5a22 send me via PM libviaxvmc.so library for
testing purposes.

Thx in advance