[mythtv-users] Keyboard stops working in frontend

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Fri May 19 14:15:27 UTC 2006

On Friday 19 May 2006 14:46, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/18/2006 09:32 PM, Leighton Brough wrote:
> >I've got another problem which I can't see a solution to in the list
> >archive. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I've found this
> >problem with 0.19-fixes and 0.19, but it never happened in 0.18.
> >
> >When watching live (HD) TV or recordings, the keyboard will sometimes
> >stop working in the frontend. I can alt-tab to another application, but
> >even if I return the focus to the front-end, it still ignores the
> >keyboard. So it does not appear to be a focus problem. All I can do is
> >kill the FE, then restart it.
>
> Someone else had this problem and it was due to specifying an OSD theme
> from his 0.18 install that was removed in the 0.19 upgrade.  If that's
> the problem on your machine you should see an error message in the
> frontend log specifying that your OSD theme isn't readable.

i'm seeing it also
i was away in oz for a month and when i came back at the weekend i updated by
machines to 9932
now my frontend stops handling keystrokes
i cannot see any obvious pattern to it

there were some changes made to tv_play.cpp about three weeks ago with a
comment about ignoring keystrokes under certain circumstances. but i don't
know this code in any detail to be able to debug this.

--
simon