[mythtv-users] Noob - FC5 Nvidia driver problems

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri May 19 13:31:19 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 10:20:09AM -0600, Steve Mason wrote:
> I'm planning to use Myth on Fedora Core 5, but I'm struggling with the
> Nvidia drivers.  Following the how-to on wilsonet.com (Fedora Core 4)
> I've tried the 2 versions of Nvidia drivers found at atrpms.repo
>  (8178 and 8756) but both versions hang part way through starting X.

If you have muliple versions installed make sure you use
nvidia-graphics-switch to switch your system to using the desired one.

Also make sure you don't mix nvidia's installer with rpms, or rpms
from different orgins. If you keep it all from one source it will have
to work :=)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net