[mythtv-users] Recommended GeForce 5200 Cards

matt mead m-mythtv at goof.com
Fri May 19 11:45:50 UTC 2006

Carl Litt wrote:
> My question to the list is: Which vendor makes the best 5200 card?  By
> best, I'm looking primarily for high quality SD TV-out, and secondly
> ones with no GPU fan or a very quiet one.

If you ever have intentions of viewing HDTV using XV scaling, I would recommend
*against*:

ASUS V9520-X/TD GeForce FX 5200.

http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=2&l2=7&l3=9&model=273&modelmenu=1

Mad Dog Multimedia Conqueror FX 5200.

http://www.mdmm.com/products/graphics/fx5200agp.asp

Both of these have problems using the video overlay to scale at least some
1920x1080 (1080i) content down to lower resolutions.

The Mad Dog Multimedia card I have will scale properly using the blitter, but
it ends up with some temporal distortions on the output.

-matt

--
matt mead

http://collectivity.goof.com/