[mythtv-users] Skip hangs for some recordings

Leighton Brough brough at baremetalsoft.com
Fri May 19 01:15:12 UTC 2006

I've searched the email list archive, but I can't find anything that
looks like a solution to my problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm using myth 0.19-fixes to record HD. For around a third of the
recordings, I find I cannot skip forward or back, or rewind/fast-forward
- the front-end simply hangs while the disk churns. Sometimes, if I am
very patient, after say 5 or 10 minutes the the frontend will return to
the menu. This problem seems to apply to both shows that are currently
recording, and those that have previously recorded. I have never had a
problem with live TV.

Leighton