[mythtv-users] PS3 to come with full Linux

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu May 18 18:26:52 EDT 2006

On May 18, 2006, at 4:16 PM, N.E.Whiteford wrote:

> They have a reasonably good idea of what their doing. There isn't a
> whole lot stopping you from writing an emulator to play say PS3 games,
> if you could get hold of hardware that would do it. Like a 8 Processor
> 4GHz computer with a kick ass graphics card, but then that's going to
> cost a hell of a lot more than a PS3. Sony certainly isn't going to
> help
> in any effort to do that however. After all, it'd be able to run
> unsigned (and unlicenced, which is where Sony makes their money) and
> illegally copied games.

Oh yeah, Illegally copied games. Guess I don't think about that
because the games have no value to me, so I wouldn't use up a blank.

But that would be a large problem if your primary goal was to make
money selling games.

But I thought the Sony solution was to install a root kit on the
user's machine...