[mythtv-users] nVidia FX 5200 config for this type of TV

Yalusa Jongihlati yjongihlati at gmail.com
Thu May 18 21:47:14 UTC 2006

No one able to help me here? Or point me in the right direction?

   - I've searched and tried a whole host of xorg.conf files trying to
   get a
   - picture that looks good for the following TV:
   -
   http://www.castel.com.au/Toshiba/ProductDetail.asp?Brand=T&Category=CTV&ProductCode)JZ5DA
   - Each one I've tried comes up with an error when loading and FC4 then
   pushes
   - me to retry configuring the X server.
   - The video card is a Gigabyte nVidia FX 5200 (128MB I think) that has
   - composite out. The rest of the system is a P4 Celeron 2.4GHz, 512MB,
   250GB,
   - FC4.
   - Here is a xorg.conf I tried to use for the TV.
   - # Xorg configuration created by system-config-display
   -
   - # Section "ServerLayout"
   - # Identifier "single head configuration"
   - # Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
   - # InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
   - # InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
   - # EndSection
   -
   - Section "Files"
   - # RgbPath is the location of the RGB database. Note, this is the
   name of
   - the
   - # file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db"). There is normally

   - # no need to change the default.
   - # Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated
   together)
   - # By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server
   independent of
   - # the X server to render fonts.
   - RgbPath "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
   - FontPath "unix/:7100"
   - EndSection
   - Section "Module"
   - Load "dbe"
   - Load "extmod"
   - Load "fbdevhw"
   - Load "glx"
   - Load "record"
   - Load "freetype"
   - Load "type1"
   - EndSection
   - Section "InputDevice"
   - # Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with
   xset(1))
   - # Option "Xleds" "1 2 3"
   - # To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
   - # Option "XkbDisable"
   - # To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
   - # lines below (which are the defaults). For example, for a non-U.S.
   - # keyboard, you will probably want to use:
   - # Option "XkbModel" "pc102"
   - # If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
   - # Option "XkbModel" "microsoft"
   - #
   - # Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
   - # For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
   - # Option "XkbLayout" "de"
   - # or:
   - # Option "XkbLayout" "de"
   - # Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
   - #
   - # If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
   - # control keys, use:
   - # Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:swapcaps"
   - # Or if you just want both to be control, use:
   - # Option "XkbOptions" "ctrl:nocaps"
   - #
   - Identifier "Keyboard0"
   - Driver "kbd"
   - Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
   - Option "XkbLayout" "us"
   - EndSection
   - Section "InputDevice"
   - Identifier "Mouse0"
   - Driver "mouse"
   - Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
   - Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
   - Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
   - Option "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
   - EndSection
   - Section "Monitor"
   - Identifier "Monitor0"
   - VendorName "Monitor Vendor"
   - ModelName "AOpen F1713"
   - DisplaySize 340 270
   - HorizSync 24.0 - 80.0
   - VertRefresh 49.0 - 75.0
   - Option "dpms"
   - EndSection
   - Section "Device"
   - Identifier "Videocard0"
   - Driver "nvidia"
   - VendorName "Videocard vendor"
   - BoardName "NVIDIA GeForce FX (generic)"
   - Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
   - Option "TVStandard" "PAL-I"
   - Option "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"
   - EndSection
   - Section "Screen"
   - Identifier "Screen0"
   - Device "Videocard0"
   - Monitor "Monitor0"
   - DefaultDepth 24
   - SubSection "Display"
   - Viewport 0 0
   - Depth 16
   - Modes "800x600" "640x480"
   - EndSubSection
   - SubSection "Display"
   - Viewport 0 0
   - Depth 24
   - Modes "1280x1024" "1152x864" "1152x768" "1024x768"
   - "800x600" "640x480"
   - EndSubSection
   - EndSection
   - Section "Screen"