[mythtv-users] no audio PVR-500

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu May 18 13:13:22 UTC 2006

In another thread, Carl Fongheiser wrote:

> What do you get from running "ivtvctl -Y"?

Thank you for pointing me to that. When I do this, I get:

# ivtvctl -Y
ioctl: VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL
Brightness = 127
Contrast = 63
Saturation = 63
Hue = 0
Volume = 58880
Balance = 32768
Bass = 32768
Treble = 32768
Mute = 1

Mute=1, very interesting. So I try turning it off:

# ivtvctl --set-ctrl=mute=0
ioctl VIDIOC_S_CTRL ok

But it doesn't do anything. If I run with -Y again, I still see Mute=1
and there is still no sound.

Does this provide anyone more knowledgeable than I about ivtv a clue
about what might be wrong and why I get no sound from either tuner on my
PVR-500?

I'm thinking I may just need to abandon the AT rpms version of the ivtv
kernel modules and try compiling a different version of the driver from
source.

--Greg