[mythtv-users] DVB-T scanning, still trying to get it to work.

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Thu May 18 12:54:43 UTC 2006

On 5/18/06, RoboJ1M <jim.neave at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm still struggling with getting my DVB-T card tuned in here in the UK.
>
> I'm running the latest 0.19_fixes build and I've tried all the different
> methods, here are some of my results:
>
> AutoScan - Finds nothing
> Tuned scan - Find a couple of channels, different ones
> Scan Transports - Finds nothing ("no tables" error)
> Import channels.conf - Works, but EIT doesn't without some SQL hacking.
> (This would work fine, but not even dvb-utils' "scan" finds every channel.

I also have problems with tuned scans. If I enter the frequency of one of
the swedish transports, it does not find anything. If I enter both the
frequency and the bandwidth it does find it.
But if I enter the frequency and the bandwidth of the danish (I am in
Denmark) transport, it does not find anything. It does not even show "not
locked" and it does not complete either.

I have the best experience with the country scan, but unfortunately there is
no configuration for Denmark yet. Does anybody know where these country
configurations are stored ?

Niels Dybdahl