[mythtv-users] No intial sound - changing channels wakes it up!

J.D. mythtv at demuth.homelinux.org
Wed May 17 20:40:21 UTC 2006

This is the first time I see this behavior mentioned on this list (or
anywhere else for that matter). I experienced this using bttv on a DVICO
card (no btaudio, audio cable connected to soundcard, a via82xx).
Repeated this both using MythDora and Knoppmyth.

- The initial startup of live TV would not have any sound, but I would
hear sound after changing channels.
- I could not detect mixers changes when starting LiveTV (using
alsamixer).  Capture on CDin, CDin muted.
- scheduled recordings didn't have sound either (making this setup
pointless) unless they kicked in while watching TV live.
- xawtv would start with sound and work fine.

Any ideas to further troubleshoot this issue is greatly appreciated.

j.d.