[mythtv-users] MythArchive hard-coded to use KDE 3.3 libs?

Daniel A. Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Wed May 17 15:27:43 UTC 2006

The configure script seems to be hardcoded to look for the kde libs
under /usr/kde/3.3/include. I'm not sure I understand why this would
make a difference, but for people like me who are running 3.4 (or some
other version) and don't have the 3.3 libs on my system this may cause a
problem.

I've been having constant problems with dvdauthor failing during the
final build, but after I changed it to 3.4 and recompiled/reinstalled it
now completes the build process*. Again, I'm not sure if/why this would
make a difference since the mytharchive scripts are for the most part
calling external programs, but in my case it seems to have. Of course,
I've also upgraded to the most recent rev of mytharchive, so that may
have done it as well although the version from yesterday did not work.

* I'm still having a problem playing the .iso images with xine - they
work fine on one PC, but fail on another. The output from xine in both
cases is the same:

*******************************
daniel at cyril ~ $ xine -pfhq dvd://home/media/iso/DVDs/temp.iso
This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.4.
(c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD access

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in ifo_read.c:357 ***
*** for vmgi_mat->nr_of_vmgm_audio_streams <= 1 ***

libdvdread: Attempting to retrieve all CSS keys
libdvdread: This can take a _long_ time, please be patient

libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.VOB at 0x00000121
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB at 0x000008c7
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Get key for /VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB at 0x000e5ec1
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
libdvdread: Found 2 VTS's
libdvdread: Elapsed time 0
No accelerated IMDCT transform found

Burning the image to a DVD-R resulted in a disc that played fine in my
real DVD player, but there were a few problems with the menu structure.

Daniel