[mythtv-users] Problem with dual tuners and 0.19-fixes

Alan Anderson andersonas at adelphia.net
Wed May 17 14:27:30 UTC 2006

This might be solved  Any body else interesting in trying to reproduce a
possible solution?

Yesterday I ran across a discussion about  the radeon and nvidia drivers and X
server issues.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2006-February/msg01178.html
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com/2006/03/fc5-ati-or-nvidia-drivers.html

The recommendation was to switch to the livna repositiry for these drivers.
So I installed the the following:

xorg-x11-drv-fglrx-8.24.8-1.lvn5
kmod-fglrx-8.24.8-2.2.6.16_1.2111_FC5

The issue with mythfrontend on the SBE crashing when I switch tuners went
away.    But now I was not able to change channels, but I had recently
upgraded to the 2111 kernel and  ivtv drivers.

kernel-2.6.16-1.2111_FC5
ivtv-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2111_FC5-0.6.2-110.rhfc5.at

The changing channels issue appears to be ivtv driver related (IMO).

I rebooted to the previous kernel and its ivtv kmdl package.

2.6.16-1.2080_FC5
ivtv-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2080_FC5-0.6.1-109.rhfc5.at

And now all appears to be fine.  I can switch between all four tuners and
change channels on the SBE.  Prior to the fglrx install I was using the
standard radeon graphics driver that came with FC5.

And mythfrontend would crash with the error:
mythfrontend: ../../../src/mesa/glapi/glapi.c:341: _glapi_get_dispatch:
Assertion `api != ((void *)0)' failed.

This would happen each time I tried to switch between the two tuners on the
SBE.

--
Alan Anderson
andersonas at adelphia.net