[mythtv-users] Changing channels through firewire on SA3250HD

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Wed May 17 05:21:29 UTC 2006

I finally got HD content working over the firewire ports on my SA3250HD
cable box and when I tried to change the channel it always went to something
like 49 instead of 783. So I read what someone told me earlier about the
sa3250ch command that will change the channel on your cable box. I compiled
it and tried to run it manually and I got the following:

sh-3.00$ /usr/bin/sa3250ch 783
Could not find SA3250HD on the 1394 bus.

I made sure that the firewire port was working both before and after I ran
this command and it was so for some reason it just isn't seeing the box. I
thought I would ask around and see if anyone had any ideas before I went
much further. Thanks for the help.

Allan