[mythtv-users] Digital Television In US

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue May 16 16:05:48 EDT 2006

Here in Seattle (comcast), I get all SD channels except for VH1 over
firewire (no idea why that one, it just doesn't work).  I even get HBO
and high def channels like Discovery HD.

I know other comcast users around the country who aren't as lucky, so
what you get seems to be very regional.

As for satellite solutions, it's about $200 to get a dish, couple of
lnb's and a dvb-s card for FTA stuff.  The Dishnetwork satellites seem
to carry a whole bunch of local-affiliate stations in FTA, so you might
actually be able to get some decent programming from there, too.  No
cable networks, though.

-Chris