[mythtv-users] ANNOUNCE: mythautoicon v0.2 (was mythalsig) - Channel Icon/Logo grabber

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Tue May 16 12:33:05 EDT 2006

Oh Yeah Bay-by!

Thick and fast this week.

Most significant changes are the addition of a new "user" region That you can
store custom presets in. Twinned with this is a new special case "import"
region. This will currently import/merge pklz files, and it can import CSV
files. (with a very simple "<KEY>,<URL>" line structure.)

See the README for my attempt to explain it all. Any questions, you know where
I am ;-)

I've pretty much run out of ideas and suggestions for this thing for now.
There are a couple of small things in the TODO section of the CHANGELOG file.
But unless someone bitches about the world ending without those, I don't see
much point in adding them. The script is already several orders more capable
than I ever intended. So unless you good folk come up with interesting and
novel ideas, I can see this being feature complete. I'll give it a week or
two to shake down, bump it to 1.0 and then submit it to the tracker as an
addition for the contrib folder. I need you guys to test it. Particularly
anyone with complex setups like Cougar. Also I'm very interested if the
Callsign stuff works. I can't test this, so it's very much a case of telling
me how it goes so I can fix it if needed.

As usual you can get it from:
http://www.syzygy.eclipse.co.uk/mythalsig.html

Cheers

Changelog follows:
### 0.2 - 20060516 ###
* [SB] Add a new Region class that imports from files. i.e. csv.
<search term 1>,<url 1>
<search term 2>,<url 2>
...etc
-r import:<label>
Queries user for file. Uses extension to figure how to decode.
Afterwards accessed using user:<label>
Can be extended to deal with importing pklz files. If importing from pickle,
then it is added to the relevant pickle file.
(Deprecated by -r import:<label> * [SB] Option to merge (-m) an external pklz
region file into own region file. Imported file overwrites own file. Import
only
the presets. Then check for duplicate values (key: value) and give option to
delete dups.

* [SB] Did a little menu clean up, just to make things a little more
consistent,
and to fix the preset menu, which I think I bust in the previous update.

* [SB] Cleaned a few things up. My pylint code score is now 9.80/10.

--
Steve Boddy