[mythtv-users] Calling Rochester, MN mythTV users

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Mon May 15 22:34:56 EDT 2006

Hello All,

I recently moved up to Rochester MN this past weekend.  The local cable
provider is Charter Cable.  I was looking to see if there are any myth
users who could provide some recommendations as to whether even
bothering to try to shove FCC regs in their faces is worth it for the
firewire provided channels.

I have already dealed with I count 2 phone reps, and one person at their
office who haven't any idea what I am talking about when I start saying
IEEE1394, firewire, FCC regs, etc...  There is a tech coming out on Wed
to drop off a regular digital box for me and set me up with internet
access.  I was figuring I'd pester him a bit to see if he could bring
over a second box with a firewire port if it was worth it.  As a last
resort, I'll go into the office and ask to talk to one of the managers
with FCC regs in hand I guess.

Anyway, if anyone with experience with Charter, or hopefully someone who
dealt with Charter in the Rochester MN area chime in and let me know how
many channels they are getting, costs, etc if at all possible?

Thanks!

Mario Limonciello