[mythtv-users] tvgrabber.pl

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon May 15 23:18:39 EDT 2006

Is anyone using this? I can't make head nor tail of the parameters and it
looks like the script can't work out the tv.com responses!!

I'm using version 0.8 and the help says:
        filename format must be in:
        episode.title.format.s01e01.blah.avi
        or
        episode.title.format.101.blah.avi

Episode - is this the name of the episode eg. 'The Train Job' or is it the
number of it eg. 02

Title - is this the name of the series eg. 'Firefly' or is it the title of
the episode eg. 'The Train Job'

Format - is this Divx or 720x576 or Single Def. What does format mean
here? Are we talking about the codec, the size or the resolution. Or
something else entirely

s01e01 - that makes sense!!

blah - free format I assume?

So I tried this (it at least got a response from tv.com) but nowt!

./tvgrabber-0.8.pl -t -v Firefly.s01e02.avi
(V1) Verbose Level 1
(TT) Test Mode On
(V1) Input filename:
(V1) Filename: Firefly.s01e02.avi
(V1) Parseing input filename: Firefly.s01e02.avi
(V1) Show name is S00E00 format
(V1) Show Name: Firefly, Season: 1 Episode: 2,
(V1) Serching for Firefly
Show:
Network: ""
Season: 1
Episode: 1
FakeEp: 1
Title:
First aired: /  /
Director:
Plot:

UserRating:
Record Group:Default
Play Group:Default
Runtime:
Airtime:::00
Endtime::00:00
Writers:
Category:
Do you want to add this to the Myth Database? (y/n)

Can't help but think I'm missing something here....

--
Robin Gilks