[mythtv-users] Dual mode front ends?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon May 15 21:31:11 EDT 2006

Chris Henderson wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I have a simple One-For-All universal remote with macro keys that I
>     configured with one button my 6 year old son can use to turn on
>     everything (TV, receiver, etc) and go to the watch recordings screen
>     with only the kids shows filtered.  It is quite easy to do.
>
>     Kevin
>

> Ok I'll bite,
>
> I understand the LIRCRC file, IE Program "mythtv" etc. Can you be more
> specific on how you setup this feature?
>
> Did you setup a new  key mapping in Mythtv and  map to that? Almost
> sounds lie a macro from the remote.
>
> Even though i dont have the probelm above I think the I would get a
> few WAF points for that feature. Esp the one where it takes you to the
> filtered list.
Use the Edit Keys in the frontend or the keymapper in MythWeb to assign
a new keyboard key to a jump point like Watch Recordings.  Then use that
key (say F12 maybe) in your lircrc file assigned to a button on your
remote.  The macro I have in my remote uses that plus other functions to
turn on everything.

Kevin