[mythtv-users] Dual mode front ends?

Craig Lovold craig at lovolds.com
Mon May 15 15:49:59 EDT 2006

Has anyone tried to make a simplified theme for real end users like my
wife or kids?

MythTV is great in that you can control it from a distance, etc, but my
wife and kids would be happier with a simple interface.  And they would
like one button on the remote to take them to live TV, music, or video
gallery RIGHT NOW without surfing through menus that they find
confusing.  They don't want to see setup, recording management, etc.

It seems like a simple client for the bedroom front-end only box would
be great for end users (not us geeks that set them up).

Craig L.