[mythtv-users] New installation, choppy video (not DMA) help request

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon May 15 12:22:26 EDT 2006

On 5/15/06, Steve Daniels <steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com> wrote:
> [...]

a quick search on gossamer would verify lots of people with 3200+
(some with even slower processors in dedicated frontend machines)
handling 1080i without XvMC.

> But when you have two processes each pegging the processor for 50%. It's not
> a bad assumption that they are starved, and having more processing power
> would sensibly help that problem.

true, but that doesn't mean they should be doing that! I don't know
why Xorg is pegging CPU time, but it shouldn't be, it should be
under/around 10% if Xv is working properly. Though this may be
different for the ATI cards? Mythfrontend uses about 60-70% CPU for
1080i w/ deinterlacing on, about 10% less without on my 3200+'s.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!