[mythtv-users] streaming MythTV to your cell phone

Gary Lerhaupt lerhaupt at gmail.com
Mon May 15 03:37:30 EDT 2006

On 5/15/06, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice work. A general question - how would implementing Darwin compare
> with implementing Mythstream? I've had problems getting mythstream to
> work - would it be easier to try to get Darwin up and running as an
> alternative?
>
> Regards,
> Phill

I have no experience with MythStream (from its description, I can't
tell if it can be used to stream as opposed to just reading streamed
data).  Darwin was somewhat annoying but that was mostly firewall
gotchas.  Otherwise, you just install from its tarball, run
DarwinStreamingServer and put your vidoes in /usr/local/movies/.