[mythtv-users] ANNOUNCE: mythautoicon v0.1 (was mythalsig v2.3) - Icon/Logo grabber

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Sun May 14 14:40:31 EDT 2006

Okay peeps,

I got bored and started tweaking. I've changed things quite a lot internally.
First, it's not specific to LyngSat, hence the name change. Second, quite a
lot has had to change, so I'm resetting to a low number until I can (with
your help) shake out the bugs. Summary:

* Only act on channels with no channel assigned
* New Regions and Parsers abilities
* Improved LyngSat support (Satellite & Provider)
* Channel index's are more consistent with --limit

* Pylint score improvements Previous: 8.38/10, Now: 9.71/10
* Change the internal data structures for better readability

A couple of WARNINGS:
* The arguments you need to pass have changed. You need to check and amend.
* You will have to delete your old region files. They won't work properly.
* Downloaded icons are now nested into folders slightly differently.
* As usual the callsign stuff is very experimental as I can't test it. Good
Luck!

Most of this stuff is as a result of requests from Cougar, so we'll nick name
this the Cougar-pleasin' release ;-)

As usual (now) you can get it from:
http://www.syzygy.eclipse.co.uk/mythalsig.html

Cheers

Changelog follows:
### 0.1 - 20060514 ### Rename to mythautoicon
* [C] & [DW] Command line option (-u, --unassigned) to ask only those channels
where icon missing. The filtering of channels is now moved into the matcher
method. This gives consistant index's, and the ability to combine -l and -u
options to further restrict the set of channels to operate on.

* [SB] Decided I'm not going to be slavish to 80 column formatting. When using
long variable names, and functions like os.path.basename and it's just too
damn
easy to go over 80 chars. I'm going to keep them under 132. That acheives two
things, 1) I don't destroy all semblance of readability by splitting lines up
all over the place, and 2) My pylint code score sneaks up to 9.7/10 ;-)

* [SB] adjust so not specific to LyngSat. i.e. generalise LS references, and
refactor HTMLParser and create a LS sub-class. Same with the Region class,
implementing an LS sub-class with the grabData specific to the sub-class.
After this the name will change to one of:
    - mythautoicon [OA] <<<<
    - mythautologo [SA]
WARNING: Breaks with previous pklz files. Delete old pklz first. Also changes
how regions are specified. Now configured:
-r lsc:us-il,lsc:us-ma,lsc:us,lss:astra1c
where first part is the region class text label, and the second is the region.

* [C] Let it grab also satellite logos. Added classes for dealing with
different
branches in LyngSat. Now does Country (lsc), Satellite (lss), and Provider
(lsp)

* [SB] Changes some of the data structures to dictionaries. Means code is not
using ugly '[2][3]' references. Easier to read, code and debug.

* [C] Use the same channel index even when channel list is entered.
Should be able to do this by not filtering the channels when loading from DB,
but when running through the matcher. Still need some form of progress as well
though. i.e.
506]--
        Name: RTL TELE Letzebuerg
--