[mythtv-users] Banding, noise and other gremlins

Anil Gupte anil-list at icinema.com
Sun May 14 05:30:01 EDT 2006

Here is what I found.  We used a different power supply and the banding/snow
went away.  I am still trying to figure out if the power supply was better or
whether it has more juice.  In theory the power supply causing the problems is
better because it is rated at 400w and the one that fixed the problem was 285
watts, but who knows what the truth is.  Also, after the fact I remember that we
never actually put the other power supply into the case, so just being far away
from the PVR-350 may have the difference.

Any thoughts will be welcome and I will keep you informed.

Thanx,
Anil Gupte
www.keeninc.net
www.icinema.com