[mythtv-users] Mythweb upgrade, rewrite engine issue?

Shermann Min shermann at aya.yale.edu
Sat May 13 22:05:31 EDT 2006

I upgraded to rev 9930 from an older svn rev (thanks, Chris,
for responding to my earlier post regarding conf.php) and am
having trouble getting mythweb working. I've followed all
the directions in the README but no go. I get nothing, as if
apache never even received the http request. There's not
even an entry in my apache access or error logs. Other php
pages (e.g., phpMyAdmin) work fine.

I had no problems with my previous version of mythweb,
though it was quite old (rev 9887, from December), and the
only step in the README that I needed to perform after
upgrading was loading the rewrite module. Disabling the
rewrite engine in the apache conf file results in an Error
500 page with a corresponding entry in the error log:
"Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps mis-spelled or
defined by a module not included in the server
configuration," which leads me to suspect that it's got
something to do with the rewrite engine.

Any ideas? I'm using Suse 10 on an Amd64, php4-4.4.0-6.10,
apache2-2.0.54-10.3.

Thanks,
Shermann