[mythtv-users] Lirc Woes Continued

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Sat May 13 17:22:51 EDT 2006

So I've been working with lirc today to try and get my remote working.
I'm working on a frontend using a serial receiver.
I googled all through my old emails and found several helpful tips
that seem to tell me that my hardware and software is working.
However, it doesn't seem to be working in myth.

I have the hardware working as well as all the config files in place.
service lircd start starts up the daemon and I can run irw. irw wasn't
receiving codes, or translating them. A post mentioned that if my
lircd.conf file was incorrect, that irw wouldn't show anything while
it was running. Correct.

I stopped lircd and ran irrecord -f /dev/lirc and went through the
configuration of a 'new remote'. I have the new gray hauppauge from my
pvr-350 which is in my MBE in the basement. I sort of like the remote
and hoped to use it with myth. I did have Brad Templeton's conf file
from Jarods website (oh, I'm running FC4) but for whatever reason
these aren't working. After generating a file with irrecord I can get
irw to work and show me button presses. I didn't know how to name the
files so I named them like I wanted, and that was with all lowercase.
More studying of the lircrc file I think I need to have the button
name there match my lircd.conf file.

I edited the lircrc file and named the buttons how I named them,
however they still don't seem to mesh. I can't seem to get the remote
to work in myth.

Any ideas at this point? My lircd.conf file is drastically different
than the one from Jarod's website. It does work with irw though.

Thanks.

--
-=/>Thom