[mythtv-users] Recordings almost always too bright w/PVR250

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Fri May 12 19:40:02 EDT 2006

> I have this problem as well with the History channel, A&E, Bravo and
> some other channels. If you stick with the major networks and
> especially Fox News Channel the programs being "too bright" will
> never be a problem :-)

LOL!

> But seriously, are you aware that there are two sets of picture
> controls, "F" gets you into the viewing controls while "G" gives you
> controls that set the recording parameters.

Yes, I'm aware of both, but the problem is that it is not consistent,
as I mentioned sometimes a recording will switch back and forth
between way too bright and normal (though usually it just sticks).

> You could also try the universal fix of powering down for several
> minutes for the cap cards to reset their parameters.

I'll give that a shot, this machine has been running continuously with
only reboots for kernel updates for some time.

-Dave