[mythtv-users] Joysticks / gamepads

Santiago Almenara salmenara at bcp.com.pe
Fri May 12 11:25:22 EDT 2006

Brett Swaim wrote:
> Hey all, my myth seems to be running great (aside from a lockup about
> once a week, don't know why) so thanks for all the help thus far. I'm
> wondering about Joysticks/Gamepads. What do you all use? I am really
> interested in wireless, but this controller
> http://techgage.com/review.php?id=3833 looks very nice. Thoughts?
>
> Also, as a side note, I've put a bunch of roms (zipped) into
> \\mythbox\myth\games\snes\roms and when I go to play a game they don't
> list... anyone know why?? they are in zip format, does that matter?
>>> I'm using the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2.  Works great, almost zero setup and
>>>feels just like a console pad.

I have two a Logitech Cordless one (I don't remember the model but it is a 6-button pad) and Playstation2 controller with a (PSX/PS2 to USB adapter).

Both work well, hovewer when I stopped using the cordless controller for a couple of seconds (during FMV, for example). I lost the first seconds because the pad has to "re-connect" with the receiver. (it could be a very annoying problem for serious gamers, not my case though ;) ). I've heard it is a common problem in wireless/cordless controllers, isn't it???