[mythtv-users] Firewire in Myth

matt mead m-mythtv at goof.com
Thu May 11 16:54:21 EDT 2006

Steven Adeff wrote:
> thanks for top posting...

What does that mean?

> don't bother using that script, MythTV just resets those values when
> it is asked to receive via the firewire port anyway. Just set MythTV
> to use Broadcast at 400mbps. You may require a shutdown of the pc and
> the cable box to properly reset the bus.

I have had zero luck with broadcast/400Mbit.  I'll admit I haven't ever done a
full reset with unplug of both the computer and cable box simultaneously.
Maybe when this thing isn't busy recording stuff I will try that.  I'd like to
simplify the config and also have it come up on boot properly without manual
intervention!

> I don't know why you need to rmmod the modules though, perhaps the
> automatic loading of them is passing an arguement that loading by hand
> is not?

Possibly.  dmesg output really doesn't look any different in either
circumstance.  BTW, it is not just myth that can't record from the firewire
upon boot, it is also test-mpeg2.

-matt

--
matt mead