[mythtv-users] Lossless Autotranscode works, but why no cutlist?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu May 11 15:15:03 EDT 2006

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/200609?search_string=transcode%20commercial%20cut%20list;#200609

>  Also, when I do lossless transcode from mpeg->mpeg the file shrinks.  Why?

basically, transcoding throws away needless junk. Its more noticable
in DVB streams since they are TS mpegs and end up converting to PS
which gets rid of a lot more "junk".

>  Also (2), when I load the cutlist by hand and kick off the transcode while
> viewing, the length of the recording doesn't update.  I watch these with a
> MediaMVP and it tells me that Simpsons is 30 min long, but it stops at 20.
> Bug?

it was a bug, I believe it is fixed in 0.19-fixes though.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!