[mythtv-users] internal dvd player?

Francesco Peeters francesco at fampeeters.com
Thu May 11 14:48:21 EDT 2006

Michael T. Dean schreef:
> On 05/11/2006 12:52 PM, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
>
>>Isaac Richards wrote:

>>>The internal dvd player is really only useful in current trunk SVN - it
>>>supports menus/etc there.
>>
>>Are there protocol
>
> /DB schema/other
>
>> changes that would make a trunk SVN frontend
>>incompatible with a 0.19.1 backend?
>>

> Yes.  Same version on /all/ frontends and backends...
>
> Mike

Just tried the Internal player out of curiosity, and it acted a bit
flakey... The video playback stuttered and audio was distorted...

I guess I'll keep using xine for now and wait until it's matured a bit
and the configuration options are in the GUI...  ;-)

Getting it to work was easy tho, so that's promising... I hope it'll do
.ISO's too when it's done.

Coincidentally fixed an issue I has with xine... I had issues opening
DVD's with xine using libdvdcss... Changing to "Internal" in the
settings forced me to look at the command in there, and after testing, I
noticed that the DVD:// part in the xine command was in capitals, where
vcd:// was lowercase... Using lowercase dvd:// fixed the DVD playback
issue...

So I'm a happy camper again!

Now I have to fix the lircd issues I have left, get me a 90 degree riser
for the PVR-250 and screw all remaining parts in the case I modified...
(Which'll prolly mean some more metal work before I'm done)

(Some future enhancements I'm already planning include an LCD display
and  an external control panel option so I can control the thing even
when the multimedia cabinet is shut...)

First things first tho: Get the lircd issues resolved and see how it
performs when the case is fully closed!  ;-)

--
Francesco Peeters