[mythtv-users] epia M10K:via xvmc artifacts and swsusp2

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Thu May 11 10:04:46 EDT 2006

I have a via epia M10K. I have via xvmc selected in the playback
options. I usually playback at greater than normal speed (usually
1.15). When I do this I get artifacts in the bottom half of the screen
at random intervals. I originally thought these were just random
blocks, but I now think they might be a stray previous frame. They
appear and disappear very quickly and are not predictable, so I don't
have a screen shot, but they always happen within 5 minutes of
watching.

I'm using the X rpm from atrpms which I believe contrain the
openchrome drivers. myth is atrpms version 0.19-126 (0-19 fixes from a
couple of weeks ago).

Has anyone seen this? Anyone know if it's a configuration problem or a
myth or openchrome bug?

Another issue I have is if I try to use a swsusp2 kernel. Under normal
use everything is fine, but if I use the suspend feature (using
hibernate) the system resumes normally, but as soon as I try to watch
a recording the whole system hangs (with nothing in the log files),
requiring a hard reboot.

Does anyone have suspend working on an M10K (with this kernel or any
other way) ? If so could you say what you had to do?

Thanks and regards,

Chris