[mythtv-users] Playing ISO

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Wed May 10 22:54:29 EDT 2006

On 10-May-06, at 9:54 AM, Daniel A. Segel wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand the question - xine handles iso's made from
> DVD9 discs just fine; they play just like they would in a DVD player,
> except there is no real layer switch going on (something that is
> undetectable on a good DVD player anyway.)

I understand the question and your answer is correct. An iso from a
DVD9 looks like any other iso so xine plays them fine. I have a few and
the transition is exactly like when you switch vobs - transparent.

One other comment is that when you give xine an iso filespec you have
to end the spec with a slash so the command you gave should be
something like:

	xine -pfq file://%s/

I forget what error you get if you don't do this but it doesn't give
you any idea what xine is complaining about.

- George