[mythtv-users] Corrupted mythconverg?

Daniel Schobel dschobel at gmail.com
Wed May 10 19:17:12 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Roughly a week ago I made a major faux pas and let the partition which
holds the mythconverg db fill up. Next time I was using the frontend I
got all sorts of odd behaviour but soon enough I realized my error and
freed up some space. Problem solved, I thought, no harm no foul,
right?

Apparently not, because now no new recordings ever become listed along
with the other currently recorded shows. Worse yet, all of my
previously recorded shows (about 200Gb's worth) are all gone but for 3
(as far as I can tell random) recordings.

So in short; the backend is still scheduling the shows to be recorded
and then successfully recording them, but they never get listed in the
frontend.

Both mysql and mythbackend's log files are clear, there's plenty of
space on the partition which is holding mythconverg and I actually dug
around in there and saw that the 'recorded' table still has all the
correct show information (both old and new). And yet, something is
keeping that information from showing up in the frontend.

If no one has any specific advice how to fix my database (because I'm
almost certain that's where the problem lies), can someone please tell
me how the frontend determines what to display in the 'currently
recorded' view (as in, which tables does it query)?

cheers,

DS