[mythtv-users] OT: HDTV TV's

Santiago Almenara salmenara at bcp.com.pe
Wed May 10 18:36:17 EDT 2006

> You may be looking at the wrong store or wrong brands.
>
>Sony, Toshiba, Hitachi, Panasonic, etc. are "wrong brands"?

I have looked for brands like: Sony, Philips, LG and Dell. All of them announce they have HDTV-ready TV's and that support 720p and 1080i but they only have 1024x768 resolutions.

I continue looking today and found only 2 or 3 (including the Sceptre one) models with 1920x1080 resolutions and several (more than 20) with 1024x768. Even almost all Sony HDTV-ready TV's only have 1024x768 resolutions.... are brands lying to costumers??