[mythtv-users] Cheap Possible Frontend

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed May 10 15:55:34 EDT 2006

On May 10, 2006, at 11:27 AM, Andrew Close wrote:

> On 5/10/06, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
>> .
>
> if it makes you feel any better, Micro$loth sold these consoles at a
> loss intending to make it up on the sales of their games.  so any time
> they are purchased with no intention of buying games you're "stickin'
> it to the man". ;)
> and if you buy it used with the intention of 'repurposing' the
> hardware, well, you're still "stickin' it to the man"  :D

Yes, in fact it does make me feel better, since Microsoft apparently
lost that bet, I don't think they made a whole lot on games.

Is this true of the X-Box 360 as well? They seem pretty pricey.

Anyway, I received the little box that started this thread. One
problem I see is that it has a standard 40-pin IDE connector on the
mobo, but uses laptop-style drives.

They included the adapter to use a laptop hard drive, but nothing to
get from the 40/80 pin ribbon into the connector on a slim style
laptop CD drive, anybody know where I could get such an adaptor ? It
would obviously have to get both IDE and power into the drive connector.

I can just connect a standard CD dirve to get the system loaded onto
the hard drive, but of course that means I can't close the case,
which I'd like to be able to do :-)