[mythtv-users] Cheap Possible Frontend

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed May 10 13:27:51 EDT 2006

> Funny, but my nephew was just telling me that last night.
>
> I guess it's partially my inborn prejudice against gaming consoles,
> and computer gaming in general. Perhaps I'm afraid that somebody
> would see the device in my home and think that I might be a
> "gamer". :-) In addition, purchasing any product marketed (note, not
> "made") by Microsoft grates on me a bit.
>
> But I was looking on the net at the possible mods and what the
> machines can do and it really does look like a lot of hardware for
> the $$$, with a lot of support from the Linux community. Perhaps I
> could gain some universal karma points for "reforming" a game machine
> into a useful real computer.

if it makes you feel any better, Micro$loth sold these consoles at a
loss intending to make it up on the sales of their games.  so any time
they are purchased with no intention of buying games you're "stickin'
it to the man". ;)
and if you buy it used with the intention of 'repurposing' the
hardware, well, you're still "stickin' it to the man"  :D