[mythtv-users] Screen blanks on IR use...

Francesco Peeters francesco at fampeeters.com
Wed May 10 10:13:03 EDT 2006

Next question...

I finally have lircd working with the grey hauppage config, and it does
what it is supposed to do, which is great.

It also does something it is NOT supposed to do, and that is a black
screen for approx 1 second every time I press a button on the remote...

Changing channels, etc. gives you 1 s of black screen.

As you can imagine, that gets old very quickly...

It's worse when you have to navigate menus... Imagine a sequence of 6 *
down, right, 2 * up, right, right...

With the keyboard that is 3 seconds worth of navigating, with the remote
  it's closer to 15 seconds!

I have tried searching the web for this behavior, but have had a hard
time getting some useful results returned (My searches returned either
gazillion results with video-adapter problems, or none at all, but a
reasonable subset that actually covers similar issues seemed
unavailable)  :-(

Is this a known issue (and if so, where can I find the info) or is this
a new 'feature' ?

Any help is appreciated!

--
Francesco Peeters