[mythtv-users] an idea: canned recording options

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 9 10:00:16 EDT 2006

On 05/07/2006 09:46 AM, Gary Dezern wrote:
> A person can set up certain recording options, and save them as a
> "preset."  For example, I might set up a recording option preset for
> "all new episodes."  This preset would specify that all shows with a
> given title are recorded on 'this' channel, duplicates found based on
> subtitle and description, only record if not previously shown, etc.   I
> then save these options with a label of "all new episodes"...
>
> Then, the next time my wife goes to record something, the initial
> recording options menu lists only the presets, and an additional option
> "advanced options."  The 'advanced options' would show the recording
> options as they are now.

Sounds familiar.  :)

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/77928#77928

I think it's on Chris Pinkham's (very, very, very long) TODO list...
Not saying Chris isn't doing enough with Myth--quite the opposite,
actually--just that people are asking for more than he has time to do.
So, I'm sure he'd love to see a patch come through that does this.

Mike