[mythtv-users] plugin idea: MythNielsen

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Tue May 9 05:47:34 EDT 2006

> And the absolute worst is the advertising for prescription drugs. I
> understand that only the USA permits this. I wonder why? It must
> work, or they wouldn't keep doing it, and the thought of people
> ingesting potentially hazardous drugson the basis of a TV ad really
> scares me.

;)  Did I mention I work in a Pharmacy?

Yeah, the drug commercials are by far the ones I pay no attention to.
They practically lie straight out, and are extremely boring.  And
what's even more odd to me is that I've never gone to a Doctor and
said "I've got a problem with my hips" and the MD reply with "Do you
have a suggestion for a Drug I can prescribe you?".  Or even better,
"I've got a problem with my Hips, can you prescribe me some <fill in
the blank arthritis drug>?"  And have the MD actually reply with a
"Sure".  IME (experience) Drug companies best form of advertising is
their luncheon's and product lecture series.  THEN they target their
ideal audience, the prescriber.  Otherwise, they are simply saying
"Hey moron, go tell your Doctor what he should be prescribing you";
and I don't understand the logic there...

Heh, stupid medicine.

Chad