[mythtv-users] QDI Advanced + Geforce4 MX for a cheap box?

Darío Díaz Anzalone anakha at igijon.com
Tue May 9 03:36:05 EDT 2006

Hi,

I´m a spanish newbie, that after reading about mythtv, I´ve decided to
try to build my own MythTV box. I´m not sure if I will be able to make
it work here in Spain (Any points about this will be very apreciated) so
for my first box I´m trying to build it from old pieces that I´ve, or
with inexpensive old ones. If I success, maybe I can convince the
account manager (my wife) of buying a better PC...

The thing is that I´ve an old motherboard, A QDI Advaced 9, that
supports AGP 2x. I´m searching for a video board supported by MythTV and
with TV-out. I´ve found a couple of Geforce4 MX in ebay for 15€, but
they are AGP 4x, so I´m afraid they will not work with my motherboard,
because of the voltage and old of that. ¿Anyone has used this
configuration or is sure that it will work?

Thanks in advanced...

Darío