[mythtv-users] ANNOUNCE: mythalsig v2.2 (Icon grabber)

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Mon May 8 21:21:22 EDT 2006

Hi Cougar

On Monday 08 May 2006 23:11, Cougar wrote:
> I have noticed that sometimes I don't get icon files and I don't know
> how to force it to download all missing files. For example, after I
> entered all icons (and skipped some), I got such output:
>
> Not retrieving icon 1 of 521. Either not changed or already cached.
> Not retrieving icon 2 of 521. Either not changed or already cached.
> Not retrieving icon 58 of 521. Either not changed or already cached.
> Not retrieving icon 59 of 521. Either not changed or already cached.
> Updating/replacing "ee" region file (regions/ee.pklz,468,247,52%)
> Updating/replacing "at" region file (regions/at.pklz,1667,555,33%)
>
> From database I get 8 AT channels:
>
> SQL-päring: SELECT icon FROM `channel` WHERE icon LIKE '%/at/%';
> /media/mythstorage/icons/at/orf2.jpg
> /media/mythstorage/icons/at/sat1_austria.jpg
> /media/mythstorage/icons/at/orf2.jpg
> /media/mythstorage/icons/at/sat1_austria.jpg
> /media/mythstorage/icons/at/go_tv.jpg
> /media/mythstorage/icons/at/tw1.jpg
> /media/mythstorage/icons/at/go_tv.jpg
> /media/mythstorage/icons/at/tw1.jpg
>
> but in disk I have only one:
>
> mythtv:~ > ls -l /media/mythstorage/icons/at/
> total 12
> drwxr-xr-x   2 mythtv users   33 2006-05-08 23:56 ./
> drwxr-xr-x  14 mythtv users  149 2006-05-08 23:35 ../
> -rw-r--r--   1 mythtv users 5078 2006-05-08 23:56 go_tv.jpg
> -rw-r--r--   1 mythtv users 3287 2006-05-08 23:24 none

Are you saying that the option:
    -f, --force-update      Override the built in caching of the web source.

does not work for you? This should ignore cached web data and previously
downloaded logos. Or is the option description and document not explicit
enough and it confused you?

From the look of your commands above, you are using the script directly on
your myth box, and saving the icon files straight to
the /media/mythstorage/icons/at/ folder?

What are your values of icon_dir_mythtv and icon_dir_local in the script? If
they are different you will have to manually move them from icon_dir_local to
icon_dir_mythtv.

> Some more ideas:
>
> * Let it grab also satellite logos. I did some hacks
> and replaced URL this way
>
> lyngsat_sub_page='http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/tvcountry/%s_%d.html'
> #lyngsat_sub_page='http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/tvsat/%s_%d.html'
>
> and after that it almost worked when I ran
>
> --regions astra1c,astra1d,astra1e,astra1f,astra1g,astra1h,astra2c
>
> Would be nice to have a possibility to mix both country codes and
> satellites (maybe just check which one exists or do some regexp like .. is
> always country code..)

I'll add to the list, but I'll need to figure if there's an elegant method to
do this.

> * command line option to ask only those channels where icon missing (I
> have also about 500 sat channels and don't like to skip already configured
> channels manually)

Hmm. OK, I think I see what you mean. Autospeed sort of helps here, but only
if you have a region file full of presets, and the database has blank icon
entries for the channels. You could fudge this by running an mysql query:
UPDATE channel SET icon=NULL;
This will remove all the entries, then run the script and activate autospeed.
As long as your region file only has individual entries, then this will only
stop on channels with no preset.

I'll add it to the list though.

> * command line search option to let it ask only channels I'd like to
> change (fuzzy search would be great)

Well you do already have the -i and -l options which allow you to specify (by
index) particular channels. I did think of a fuzzy option, but I liked the
numbered lists better. I'll add it to the list, and we'll see how we go :-)

Cheers for the feedback. I don't know when I'll find some time to hack on
this. _Really_ need to think about looking for a job ;-)
--
Steve Boddy