[mythtv-users] libmysqlclient.so

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon May 8 14:47:35 EDT 2006

On May 8, 2006, at 12:37 PM, James D wrote:

> Brian,
>
> Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that, I'll try it as a plan B.
> Plan A is to get mythtv to work with libmysqlclient.so.14, I'm
> hoping someone on the list knows if this is possible and how to do it.
> Actually, my understanding is myth uses mysql via Qt, so perhaps
> its actually an issue of getting my Qt updated to use the latest
> mysql client lib. I'll go that route when I get home from work and
> post back the result.

It's always better to get things working with the newer version
rather than "live in the past" and hang onto the old, because
eventually you will *have* to update for some other reason.

I remember folks refusing to update to the "newfangled" ELF binaries,
and trying to keep everything  using the old a.out format, some of
them held on for months but eventually had to give in :-)

But it's good to be aware of how to stop portage from upgrading
something until you are ready.