[mythtv-users] Frontend Feature Proposal: MythToGo

Preston Crow pc-mythtv06a at crowcastle.net
Mon May 8 14:45:26 EDT 2006

The way I would like to see something like this work is to take
everything about a recording in the database, and export that to a file.
Then modify Myth to incorporate the contents of any of those files that
it finds into a temporary database (or the regular database with a
temporary flag, indicating that the file might disappear).

This could be used to export files to DVD-R or USB hard drives, then
make them available later as if they were regular recordings.  It would
also let me have a fully-working Myth system on my laptop when I travel
(probably with a backend and frontend, but no tuners).

I remember seeing a reference to supporting removable storage on a wish
list, and the above is my idea as to how that might be implemented.  It
also solves the MythToGo problem.