[mythtv-users] A8N-VM CSM success

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon May 8 13:55:23 EDT 2006

On 5/8/06, James C. Dastrup <jc at dastrup.com> wrote:
> >Thanks for the update, I'm trying to decide between this board and the
> >MSI K8NGM2-FID, which has the same video.  What's the issue with
> >the NIC?  I could have swore I saw emails from others who were using
> >the NIC succesfully...
> >
> Possibly nothing. I didn't even try it for three reason:
> 1) I heard some people having issues with it doing random disconnects,
> most likely driver related with older kernels.
> 2) The driver is in the 10/100 section of the kernel config, and not in
> the 1000 section - seems strange to me if it's a gig card....
> 3) I had a tried & true gig PCI card and an empty slot.

Neither of these boards come with digital audio output? What a huge
ommision! I'd be more than willing to give up two useless USB2 ports
for an optical or digital audio output so this board can properly be
used for HDTV...

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -