[mythtv-users] plugin idea: MythNielsen

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Mon May 8 12:01:32 EDT 2006

On 5/8/06, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Brian Wood wrote:
> true. But, if there was some way to log users' realtime usage (like how
> users scan thru commercials, what they stop, and backup, to view), it
> might be helpful to advertisers. And, it might be even more helpful if
> they had profiles of the particular users to match these realtime habits.
>
> Let's face it, we aren't necessarily against advertising. We just don't
> want ads to get in the way of viewing programs. We may be interested in
> ads that are matched to our interests. So if there was a win-win
> situation, everyone could be happy. ok, ok... there are some people that
> are never happy ;-)

I don't like most ads, however some of the very well done ones (Like
the Honda ads, or VW's "UnPimp your ride", even the Capital One
Vikings) are quite amusing, and I do tend to watch those. If it wasn't
that ads are played again and again and again and again and again
which kind of kills their "watchability".

Personally, I think if ads were better (Like the ones above), they'd
be more watchable, and less objectionable.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston