[mythtv-users] Working SF Bay area channels.conf?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon May 8 03:29:17 EDT 2006

On 5/4/06, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> I've heard about the horrors of Bay-area cable. The place I'm moving
> to has DirecTV. I plan on buying a second receiver for it and getting
> two HD-3000's to add to my PVR-350. Ut oh.. I think I need more drives.

What horrors have you heard?  I have no problem with the cable in SF
(comcast) aside from cost, and I doubt that is a comcast-centric (or as
their commercials say, comtastic) issue.  You also have the possibility of
using RCN, which another user has reported outputs everything on firewire.

I personally enjoy not having to use an IR-Blaster, and while my directv box
I used several years ago also had a serial connector, I am not sure if
modern ones do.  On the other hand, all comcast boxes I have received either
have a functioning serial or firewire connector.