[mythtv-users] Cheap Possible Frontend

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun May 7 19:30:30 EDT 2006

On May 7, 2006, at 4:59 PM, David Whyte wrote:

> On 5/8/06, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
>> I went ahead and ordered one, since I already have a hard drive
>
> You did note that it was 2.5" laptop hard drive that is required.

Yes, I noticed that. It needs a laptop-style optical drive as well, I
have one left over from when I upgraded one of my notebooks to a DVD-
burner. For the most part those are interchangeable, though you
usually have to swap the bezel.

I saw a 4Gb. no-moving-part laptop drive the other day, obviously
using RAM, but it was a drop-in replacement for a 2.5" form factor
drive. Might be interesting to try one of those, but it cost twice
what this little computer does. It would be quiet though, but laptop
drives are pretty silent anyway.

> Anyways, good luck with it, let us know how you go.

I certainly will, whether I get it working in a useful manner or not,
if it works somebody else might want to use one, and if it doesn't it
might save somebody some $$$ :-)

Thanks for the pointer.