[mythtv-users] LiveTV audio missing

Chris Wilkinson blobster at tpg.com.au
Sun May 7 08:45:31 EDT 2006

Hi there,

Chris wrote:
>>Chris,
>>The ALSA folks have fessed up to the missing right channel problem and
>>claim that it is fixed in their latest release (alsa-lib-1.0.11) but I
>>haven't yet found any RPMs for this (April 06) version.
>
> You can confirm the problem and put a temporary fix on it as follows.
> Open a terminal window and type:
> amixer contents      (Enter)
> You should get a long listing of all the available mixer settings.
> Scroll through it looking for this group:
>
> numid=26,iface=MIXER,name='Capture Source'
>    ; type=ENUMERATED,access=rw---,values=2,items=8
>    ; Item #0 'Mic'
>    ; Item #1 'CD'
>    ; Item #2 'Video'
>    ; Item #3 'Aux'
>    ; Item #4 'Line'
>    ; Item #5 'Mix'
>    ; Item #6 'Mix Mono'
>    ; Item #7 'Phone'
>    : values=3,0

The following shell script does the trick, and survives
the 'restart computer' test! :-)

#!/bin/sh
amixer cset iface=MIXER,name='Capture Source' 3,3
v4lctl volume mute off
mythfrontend

Funnily enough the values on doing 'amixer contents' were 3,3
already, but when I tried the command followed by the v4lctl
command it seemed to wake up the sound, so voila!

Thanks for your help, and thanks to others who added their
sixpence worth...collectively it has solved an issue that
has frustrated me for 3 days now!

Now to design my ultimate theme for myth...

Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.