[mythtv-users] dvb-s scanning problems

Oliver Lamm mail at oliverlamm.de
Sat May 6 17:45:34 EDT 2006

Hi,

after a reinstallation of my mythtv box (hdd crash) I cannot scan the
channels any longer.
My setup:

Athlon runnning gentoo linux kernel 2.6.16
Skystar 2 dvb-s (pci) card (disceq for Astra1 / Astra2)
mythtv 0.19

I can scan channels via dvbscan and can tune into them using szap
without any problems, also kaffeine runs fine.
If I try to scan in mythtv regardless which LNB I use I'm not getting
any channels at all. It just stays at "scanning" with 3%

I use the following settings for Astra1:

Frequency: 12551500 H 22000000 (ARD)

and for Astra2:

Frequency: 10773000 H 22000000 (BBC 1)

I have no output for signal or distortion, it just looks as if it is frozen.
This combination was working fine with exact the same setzup for month
on the same machine.

Any ideas or am I just doing something completely wrong ?

Oli